Emagine IT is an information technology consulting services company that specializes in delivering technology solutions to meet the needs of clients. Our reputation reflects the high quality of the talented Emagine IT team and the consultants working for our clients. Our mission is to understand and meet the needs of both our clients and consultants by delivering quality, value-added solutions. Our solutions are designed and managed to not only reduce costs, but to improve business processes, accelerate response time, improve services to end users, and give our clients a competitive edge, now and into the future. As business systems integrators, we will align our clients’ business processes and information systems to enable them to access the right information at the right time, empowering them to achieve their desired business results and create enterprise value.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design, program, install, test, and maintain Audio Visual (AV)/Video Teleconference (VTC) technologies within APHIS facilities
- Design and provide technical engineering, documentation, and program support for APHIS AV/VTC capabilities
- Perform all control system programming
- Minimize impact to operations for repairs or installations, as much as possible
- Provide a method of calling or recalling personnel to support unscheduled or emergency maintenance requirements as determined by the government
- Provide and maintain a delivery schedule for each project/imitative worked, utilizing the Government-provided project management tool
- Work projects/initiatives based on the priority established by the Government
- Provide all levels of on-site development of Video Conferencing designs and implementation for all AV/VTC systems to include buy not limited to desktop VTC, portable, and PC-based to the device level. This includes diagnostics, removal, replacement, security requirements, engineering changes, engineering recommendations, and evaluations, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) interface for repairs, replacement, and warranty issues, programming and configuration of control systems, audio processors, displays, fiber matrix switches, and all other components used for enterprise AV/VTC systems
- Involved in all aspects of Video Conferencing technologies including video gateways, video bridges, video end-points, video conferencing management, and secure configuration and troubleshooting of video conferencing resources such as Gateways, Primary Rate Interface (PRI), ISDN interfaces, video codec's, streaming video and multimedia hardware
- Ensure AV/VTC confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and configuration of information systems cybersecurity posture in programs, policies, procedures, and tools to ensure compliance to USDA and APHIS requirements
- Update the AV/VTC systems as required to adopt new technologies into existing systems as required by the Government
- Develop recommendations to include enterprise AV/VTC equipment upgrades, installation methods and practices, and updating of System Operation Procedure (SOP) documents assigned by the Government as necessary
- Create, maintain, and provide operating instructions to the VTC operations team and customers for VTC rooms not manned by VTC operations
- Document and publish operator and engineering level instructions for AV systems as part of the deliverables for any change or upgrade to a VTC system
- Provide Tier-4 support for AV/VTC ATAC problem resolution and escalation for all AV/VTC related issues for all APHIS locations and update the VTC architecture to include a graphical representation and document them in accordance with configuration management processes
Qualifications and Skills
- Has extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of video conferencing, from design and layout of a conference room system; to complex troubleshooting and analysis regardless of the equipment vendor.
- Serve as an SME on all video conferencing matters on emerging technology to managing every detail of conference room and desktop integrations.
- Expert technical knowledge of VTC and AV systems, equipment, equipment integration, operation, compatibility, troubleshooting techniques, procedures and testing.
- Tandberg/Cisco VTC administration interfaces via web browser including TMS and AMX technologies.
- Proven ability to repair, replace, modify, and resolve VTC and AV equipment deficiencies.
- Operation of AMX touch-panels, Tandberg/Cisco CODECs, MCU, VCS and VCS Express and associated audio/video equipment.
- Exposure to managing Visual display; projectors, flat-screen TVs, Smart Boards, etc.
- Conduct/oversee routine maintenance of video cameras, microphones, projectors and flat-panel displays, touch-screens, Smart Boards, speakers, amplifiers and other VTC associated equipment.
- Adhere to and enforce all relevant APHIS AV/VTC policies and procedures.
- Has good writing, oral, and presentations skills
- Required to produce Weekly Activity Reports to the direct manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field, or 4 years equivalent experience or
- 10+ years working in VTC or
- 10+ years working with Tandberg/Cisco Codec, TMS, Codian, MCU, VSU/Gatekeepers, AMX and VCS and VCS Express
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.