Emagine IT is an information technology consulting services company that specializes in delivering technology solutions to meet the needs of clients. Our reputation reflects the high quality of the talented Emagine IT team and the consultants working for our clients. Our mission is to understand and meet the needs of both our clients and consultants by delivering quality, value-added solutions. Our solutions are designed and managed to not only reduce costs, but to improve business processes, accelerate response time, improve services to end users, and give our clients a competitive edge, now and into the future. As business systems integrators, we will align our clients’ business processes and information systems to enable them to access the right information at the right time, empowering them to achieve their desired business results and create enterprise value.
The contractor shall support the Postal Team within the Resources and Governance Division, Headquarters Air Force Chief Information Dominance & Chief Information Officer (CIO) office by providing postal expertise, provide reports, submissions and information, review, analyze and provide the Government with inputs and recommendations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate, disseminate APO and official mail guidance and operating instructions pertaining to the AF postal and official mail AF-World-wide.
- Review mail transportation schedules and costs, contingency plans, security plans, and all postal and official mail transportation charges and postage expenditures that affect the USAF. Maintain records of cost avoidances, savings and re-capture of funds.
- Research and draft responses to Congressional/IG/customer inquiries/complaints.
- Assist other federal agencies, foreign postal administrations, United States Postal Service, US Customs, and commercial air carriers, with postal issues pertaining to the USAF.
- Assist, develop and maintain metrics to track mail movement costs and transit times.
- Review mail bills for accuracy and track cost avoidances and reimbursements.
- Review, update, and coordinate postal training requirements.
- Review and analyze all AF Wing, MAJCOM, and DRU level postage expenditure reports and prepare report of AF total cost to DoD.
- Provide technical research support and preparation of informational papers and briefs for submission to AF and DoD Senior Leadership.
- Utilizing the current programs and tools provided by the Government, the Contractor shall analyze data, metrics and service failures providing recommendations for corrective action, cost savings, and process/operational improvements.
- Assist AF Postal Manager in tracking mail transportation routes/costs and prepares requests/recommendations for changes or additional equipment to improve efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Analyze, coordinate, and make recommendations to contingency support requirements and operating plans.
- Review, update, and coordinate training requirements as instructed by the Government.
- Review, update, and coordinate corrections/changes for the postal AF/DoD publications.
- Assist the Postal Manager with postal related matters and issues.
Qualifications and Skills
- Extensive demonstrated expertise and in depth knowledge of United States Postal Service, Department of State, and Department of Defense Component mail, transportation and operational programs, policies, procedures, and support systems.
- Demonstrated expertise and or knowledge of Military Postal Activities (APO, AMT, MCA) and or Official Mail Centers is required.
- NOTE: Having general Postal knowledge is not sufficient for this position, the person MUST have specific expertise/knowledge of Military Postal activities and military Official Mail Centers.
- Exposure to DoD/Military headquarters organizations and functions.
- Experience briefing and fielding questions from DoD/Military senior leaders.
- Experience interacting with external peer and subordinate organizations.
- Customer/Client Relationship Management.
- Ability to analyze policy and doctrine and translate what is read into needs statements, requirements, courses of action, etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as professional demeanor when interacting with and briefing senior military and government civilian leadership.
- Extensive background of leadership in postal operations and mail management including providing substantive input to the Interagency Mail Policy Council and recommending changes to the Federal Management Regulation to streamline procedures and improve Mail Security reporting.
- Experienced in working closely with high level stakeholders from USPS and GSA, building strong connections with these officials and senior leaders from other external agencies.
- Expert knowledge of coordinating, developing, and executing postal policy at the Air Force department level to maintain scope, budget, and schedule requirements.
- Strong administrative, organizational, and project management skills.
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with a reputation for working effectively with integrated teams.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and time management skills with proven success handling multiple responsibilities and large-scale projects.
- BA/BS is minimal requirement.
- DoD Secret clearance mandatory.
- Member of the Government Mailer's Advisory Council is a plus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.